About LBC Express
LBC Express is a courier that's had its headquarters in the Philippines since the 1950s. This company offers various reliable services for individuals and business customers, from money transfers to air cargo.
The courier currently operates over 1,000 locations throughout the Philippines, but LBC Express also has an international presence with branches in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, Hong Kong, and more.
LBC Express offers various services, including air cargo, sea cargo, and money transfers.
Business clients can use the SoShop online platform to streamline logistics or rely on LBC Express for oversized freight, warehouse services, freight forwarding, and more.
This courier is a fast and reliable option with 24-hour delivery in the Philippines, and the digital tools available to book and manage shipments make it an excellent choice for businesses.
LBC Express package tracking
Do you need to track LBC Express shipment? You'll need to find your tracking number first.
How to find your LBC Express package tracking number
The seller should give you a tracking number if you ordered something from the Philippines. Your best option is to reach out to the seller if you don't have a tracking number.
If you're the sender, there are different ways of finding your LBC Express tracking number:
- The LBC Express website has a convenient online tool you can use to book a pick-up. If you use this tool to book a shipment, you'll get a tracking number after paying for the service.
- For smaller packages, you can schedule a rider pick-up. You'll get a tracking number after you book this service online.
- With over 6,000 locations in the Philippines, many customers opt to drop off their packages. The employee who processes your package will give you a receipt as well as a tracking number.
- If you booked a sea or air freight delivery online, you should get a confirmation email from LBC Express. You can find your tracking number in this confirmation email.
How to track your LBC Express package location
You can visit the official LBC Express website and look for the orange search box in the top left corner of the page. You can enter your tracking number in this field to see where your package is.
If you use LBC Express regularly, you should create an LBC online account. This online account will give you access to a dashboard with helpful tools for booking and managing shipments, including accessing the tracking information.
All you have to do is tap on a package to see current tracking information.
Lost LBC Express tracking number
Using the LBC Express tracking shipment tool won't be possible if you don't have a valid tracking number. Here's what you can do instead.
How to track an LBC Express package without a tracking number
If you have an LBC Express account, you can access information about any package you sent by this courier by simply logging into your account.
You can visit the LBC Express website, log into your account, or download the official mobile app.
You might also be able to find your tracking number in your emails. Use the search tool in your mailbox to locate old emails from LBC Express.
If you booked a pick-up or paid for a shipment online, you should have a confirmation email with your tracking number.
If you purchased an item from the Philippines or you are expecting a package from someone you know in the Philippines, your best option is to reach out to the sender. They should have a tracking number they can share with you.
Lastly, you can reach out to the LBC Express customer service team or visit a branch to get help with tracking your package:
- LBC Express has thousands of locations in the Philippines. Local LBC Express employees should be able to give you an update on delivery if you can verify your identity.
- You can call LBC Express at +1 800 338 5424.
- You can also use Facebook Messenger to contact the customer service team. Search for LBC Express on Facebook to see whether there is a local page in your region. If the page has Facebook Messenger, you can start a chat session.
- You can email LBC Express at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that getting a response by email might take longer.
Tagging these pages in a social media post can be a good way to get help with tracking a package, especially on Twitter, where the social media managers seem to take the time to respond to everyone.
Solving LBC Express package tracking issues
If you run into issues with LBC Express shipment tracking, there are a few things you can try.
Why you can't track your LBC Express package
There are a few different reasons why you might be unable to track a package:
- The LBC Express package tracking system could be down. Try again later or with the app if you get an error message when entering your tracking number.
- You might get an error message when entering an invalid tracking number. Check your tracking number again and reach out to the sender to double-check the number.
- LBC Express might not have any tracking information because the courier hasn't picked up the package yet. Senders can schedule pick-ups online, but it might take a few hours for LBC Express to obtain and scan the package.
- It's also possible that LBC Express can't share tracking information because the courier failed to scan your package.
Tracking might update if an employee scans the package at the next node, but you should reach out to customer service to make sure the courier didn't lose the package.
Why your LBC Express package is not updating or moving
LBC Express offers fast deliveries with services that include 24-hour shipping in the Philippines. However, delays can happen for different reasons:
- Your package will not move until the sender drops it off at an LBC Express location or schedules a pick-up.
- LBC Express works with partners when shipping packages overseas. The courier frequently hands over packages to UPS for US deliveries. It's possible to experience a slight delay when LBC Express transfers a package to a partner.
- Global issues like port congestion or truck driver shortages have affected logistics for everyone. LBC Express customers have been seeing delays with sea cargo for a while now.
- If you ship an item overseas, your package must go through customs. Depending on the busy customs agents, it can take a few days to clear customs.
- You might experience a delay if there is an issue with your package. Booking a shipment online is convenient, but it's important to make sure that you indicate the accurate weight and dimensions of the package.
The packing list should also match what is in the package.
- Check the security seals and make sure there are no bulges on the package to prevent delays.
- LBC Express has a list of prohibited items. It includes obvious items like hazardous goods and alcohol, but items like liquids or electronics with batteries can also cause issues.
LBC Express might need to delay your package to inspect its contents if the courier suspects you included a prohibited item.
LBC Express package tracking status explained
LBC Express has a precise tracking tool that shows you door-to-door tracking information. Typically, you'll see your package as either "in transit" or "pending." Here is what these statues mean.
If the tracking status says "in transit," your LBC Express package will move along and reach its destination soon.
Why your LBC Express package is still in transit
Your package will appear as "in transit" as long as it's traveling by road, air, or sea freight.
If the tracking status still says "in transit" past the expected delivery date, your package is probably experiencing delays because of the current bottlenecks affecting the global supply chain.
LBC Express warns its customers that sea cargo is moving slower than usual due to port congestion in the US. It could explain why your package may show that it has been "in transit" for a few days even though it doesn't seem to move.
If your package has been "in transit" for a while but doesn't seem to progress to the next node in its journey, you should reach out to the customer service team.
How long an LBC Express package can stay in transit
If you're shipping a domestic package within the Philippines, your shipment should remain in transit between 24 and 48 hours.
Your package will likely remain in transit for three to five days for international deliveries.
Note that delivery times can vary depending on the destination of your package. LBC Express often partners with UPS to deliver packages in the US, and UPS lists delivery times as one to five days within the US.
Your service will also determine how long your package remains in transit. For instance, road and sea cargo will take longer than shipping a package by air.
Your tracking status may appear as "pending" when you track your LBC Express package. In most cases, a pending status indicates that the courier is making a few changes to the route the package is following.
Why your LBC Express package may be pending
Typically, a "pending" status will change to "in transit" the next day. "Pending" means the courier is figuring out the best route for your package or making a few changes to the current route.
Here are a few reasons that could explain a pending status:
- Due to ongoing challenges with the global supply chain, there are some shipping bottlenecks, especially with sea cargo. Therefore, LBC Express might decide to make changes to your package's route at the last minute to avoid any bottlenecks.
- If a facility is busier than usual, a courier will sometimes redirect packages to another location to scan them. As a result, your package might show as "pending" while LBC Express figures out where to send it for the next leg of its trip.
- You'll likely see a "pending" status when LBC Express hands your package over to a partner like UPS. The third-party courier will share tracking data with LBC Express so you can continue tracking the package, but the transition can take a day or two.
- If you're sending a package overseas, it must go through customs. You might see a "pending" status while your package waits for inspection.
- It's also possible to see a "pending" status because of an issue with your package. You will see your package as "pending" if the courier loses it or if the package sustains damage.
- In most cases, the "pending" status will not last more than a day or two before your package starts moving again. However, if you see the status as "pending" for more than 48 hours, you should reach out to the LBC Express customer service team.
LBC Express delivery times
When can you expect to get your package from LBC Express?
LBC Express delivery times: What time will your package arrive?
For domestic packages in the Philippines, LBC Express delivers between 8 AM and 7 PM from Monday to Saturday.
How late LBC Express delivers
Most delivery routes end at 7 PM. It's possible to get a package delivered outside of regular hours if you're shipping oversized freight.
International LBC Express delivery times
For international deliveries, the delivery times will vary depending on the third-party courier LBC Express works with. For instance, in the US, you can expect UPS to bring your package between 9 AM and 7 PM from Monday to Friday.
As your package arrives, you should see an approximate delivery window by the LBC Express tracking tool.
Lost and missed LBC Express deliveries
What happens if you don't receive your package? LBC Express is a reliable courier with a good reputation, but lost packages and delivery issues can still occur.
What happens if you miss an LBC Express delivery
In most cases, LBC Express will leave the package on your doorstep. If you're expecting an international delivery, the third-party courier that handles deliveries in your country will do the same.
If the sender asked for a signature upon receipt, you'd have to be present for the delivery. In most cases, LBC Express will reschedule the delivery for the next day if you miss it.
You can also pick up your package at an LBC Express location.
How long will LBC Express hold a package?
LBC Express branches will keep packages for five days. If you fail to pick up your package within this timeframe, the package will go back to the delivery hub. You might have to pay additional fees to retrieve it.
What to do if you haven't received your LBC Express package
Your best option is to contact the LBC Express customer service team. If you're in the Philippines, you can also try visiting a nearby LBC Express office to see if employees can help you track your package.
If you purchased an item, you should reach out to the sender since they'll be able to get more information by contacting the courier.
LBC Express FAQs
Read on to learn more about deliveries from LBC Express.
Is LBC Express delivery fast?
LBC Courier offers fast freight services with domestic delivery within the Philippines in as little as 24 hours. International deliveries typically take three to five days.
Can I track my LBC Express package by address?
No, you cannot track an LBC Express courier package by the address. Instead, you'll need a valid tracking number to see where your package is.
However, if you have an LBC Express online account, you can see a list of all the packages you've sent and locate a specific shipment even if you don't know the tracking number.
How do I know if my LBC Express package is stuck in customs?
You'll likely see the tracking status as "pending" for a few days. LBC Express will contact you, and you'll get a letter from customs if they decide to confiscate your package.
You can also contact the LBC Express customer service team and have someone check whether your package made it through customs.
Track your LBC Express packages with Circuit Package Tracker
LBC Express has a convenient online tool to keep an eye on your packages. You can also use the official app or create an online account with LBC Express to access tracking information. However, there are other ways of tracking your shipments.
Follow your LBC Express package from the store to your door and download Circuit Package Tracker for free now.